Window Blinds Wellington actually can make or break the design aesthetic of a space or room, and with so many blind options to choose from, we have decided to compare two famous styles to start you off.
Roman and Venetian blinds are both attractive and beautiful for many design aesthetic styles and each offers advantages.
Both have been used in window design for a prolonged time, so they can fit into both classically designed homes or spaces that are more modern.
Whether you are redecorating a room or space or designing it from scratch, your selection of window dressing could be the make-or-break factor.
These two famous choices, Roman and Venetian blinds, both provide an attractive solution to this problem, with different advantages offered with each.
They both come in different styles, fabrics, and materials (for Romans) and wood (for Venetians), so the choice between the two depends on your needs.
So which one might best fit the style you are trying to get? Which one of the following blinds is most suitable for your needs? Let’s have a look at both Roman and Venetian blinds.
Roman Blinds are often made from durable thick fabrics and materials were initially introduced in the historical Italian capital as a way to keep dust from the streets out of homes.
These days they are a beautiful and attractive window covering option for a variety of homes and rooms. Modern Roman Blinds Wellington provide worth of money while filtering or completely blocking light.
The fact that they are available in so many materials in the market and are very attractive has ensured their popularity.
There is a range of ruffle designs to choose from too, which can dramatically change their look. They can be seated inside or outside the window recess to give different looks.
With a host of materials and pleating styles to pick from, including the option of lining, this style is ideal for bedrooms and living areas, adding refinement to your décor regardless of whether it is a classic or modern space.
Benefits of Roman Blinds
- Roman Blinds provide value for your money through their quality and longevity.
- Premium models regularly have a lining that enhances shading and light filtering abilities and holds many aesthetic effects that add to their popularity, such as the pleated design that contrasts them from standard roller blinds.
- Side chain operation allows for easy raising and lowering, and the blinds can be seated either inside or outside the window break depending on space limitations. Cleaning needs full removal of the blind, making maintenance a little uncomfortable.
- Plush materials and luxurious ruffles make Roman blinds perfect for bedrooms and cozy lounges, adding a touch of refinement with a range of patterns and colors available to match your decor.
- Whether you are looking to control heat out or in, suitably lined roman blinds, constructed from the right fabric, are a tasteful and easy solution in all seasons.
- Roman blinds use approximately 25% less fabric than curtains so they are a more affordable option.
- Roman blinds add texture to a window and give it a soft look, as opposed to other stiff material choices like wood blinds.
Venetian Blinds were brought to Venice in the mid-18th century by Persian traders.
they have a slatted design and deliver total light filtration while providing extra levels of privacy.
Constructed primarily from wood, aluminum,
or plastics, and robust construction with a pick of slat sizes, they make a stable window covering option.
Venetian blinds Wellington are horizontally slatted blinds that usually come in wood plastic or metal in widths from 1/2″ to 3 1/2″.
The ability to control sunlight and the broad range of prices make these blinds very popular window treatments.
Benefits of Venetian Blinds
- The range of material colors makes Venetian Blinds a popular choice for many spaces or rooms.
- The slats are also easy to maintain with an easy wipe down, or if there are problems,
- each slat can be separately removed.
- They have an elegant and contemporary look that works well across many spaces and rooms, including bedrooms, offices, kitchens, and living rooms.
- Metallic or plastic Venetians are also the best fit for bathroom humidity.
- As with Roman blinds, Venetian blinds can be lifted and lowered using a cord.
- and control of the separate slats is also possible using a separate cord or plastic wand, allowing for precise determination of light levels in an office or bedroom.
- There is no hassle when it comes to cleaning blinds. Venetian blinds can be cleaned with a wet cloth.
- They control light and privacy. Venetian blinds are excellent for blocking sunlight rays. They also provide a complete blackout.
- It can fit all window sizes whether your window has a large size or an unusual size,
- you can customize Venetian Blinds according to your window sizes.
- Venetian Blinds are cost-effective. They not only have a lavish look but are also money-saving. If you want faux wood and aluminum finishes, you can get them at cost-effective prices.
Difference between Roman Blinds and Venetian Blinds
Selecting between Roman and Venetian blinds can be a tough choice as both are equally suitable. That is why it is best to consider your requirements before you choose between them.
Here are some differences between Roman Blinds and Venetian Blinds that can help you to select between them:
- If you want light control then choose Venetian blinds as you can change their panels according to the amount of sunlight you need whereas, if you like to fully block light out and want more privacy then go for Roman blinds.
- Venetian blinds are traditional and add a certain amount of decadence to your room or space. Sunscreen Roller Blinds Wellington, on the other hand, come in various patterns which can be used to decorate your room or space accordingly.
- Venetian blinds are bulkier than Roman blinds and a little more difficult to clean and maintain.
- Roller blinds are the perfect option if you don’t want your window views blocked. You can roll them up and have no block to your outside views which makes them very practical.
Which is better- Roman Blinds or Venetian Blinds?
As it is clear from the factors discussed above, the blind that you go for your window dressing is determinable completely by your specific needs.
Your exact need best specifies the blind style to choose. For instance, if you are choosing blinds for a bathroom or kitchen where humidity is an element, aluminum or plastic Venetians are most suitable.
Likewise, metallic Venetian blinds are perfect for giving a room a modern, minimalist vibe or maybe would also suit well in a professional office space.
Roman blinds are more suitable for cozy, stylish bedrooms or living rooms, providing a warming finish with their pleated fabric design.
Other selection measures may include how much sunlight you want in the room. If darkness is needed, it is worth going for Roman blinds with thick fabric.
If control over the sunlight levels is preferable, then in that case Venetian blinds give this flexibility.
In the end, it all relies on your home and your needs. Thus, it is better to consult experts who will take a glance at your home and suggest the best blinds for you.
If you are looking to buy window blinds in Wellington, New Zealand then Kiwiblinds is the best window blind store in Wellington.
We sell a wide variety of premium quality blinds at the most inexpensive and reasonable prices. so many best options in blinds. It is also put our blinds for sale and installation Wellington.
Whichever style you go for your home, Kiwiblinds has a great range of both Roman and Venetian blinds, as well as roller, perfect fit, vertical and conservatory blinds.
We also have a wide range of Blockout Blinds Wellington and Thermacell Blinds Wellington – all at amazing prices. You can get affordable blinds Wellington from us.
We provide excellent client service and will definitely help you in finding the perfect blinds for your home. We also offer benefits like free installation, blind replacement, and window treatments.