With each new Umbraco release, you get a better and more user-friendly CMS. Umbraco 9 has editor-friendly CMS with a modern engine under the hood, allowing developers to do better and faster. Whereas the new Umbraco version 10 is scheduled to be released on June 17, 2022. Moreover, Umbraco CMS 10 is coming up with easier and more up-to-date features and framework updates that will captivate developers.
What is Umbraco?
Umbraco is an open-source CMS built employing the Microsoft ASP.NET framework. However, it enables you to run everything from brochures or business websites to large applications with its feature-rich environment and extra tools. Besides, umbraco is a favored programming platform powering over 100,000 websites.
If you do not want to spend your time setting up and handling personal website hosting, you have a solution, as Umbraco offers cloud hosting for e-commerce platforms.
Moreover, Umbraco is extremely popular due to its decisive, extensible, and adaptable properties as it runs from simple websites to complex applications. Hence, that is the reason why entrepreneurs and businessmen prefer to hire Umbraco content management system companies.
Benefits of Using Umbraco for Website Development:
- It’s easy to use and comes with a powerful CMS.
- It supports a variety of languages.
- Umbraco consists primarily of ready-to-use packages.
- It is a search engine-friendly platform that allows you to get started with SEO.
- Umbraco website development is simple and does not need advanced technical skills to add features to apps and websites.
- You can add images, videos, and files to the media library in Umbraco.
- Umbraco’s in-built Smart Search feature allows you to obtain results based on your search criteria.
- Umbraco is cloud-based CMS. You can easily deploy a site using either the Amazon EC2 cloud or the Windows Azure cloud.
Why choose Umbraco 10 over Umbraco version 9?
Umbraco 10 is developed using Microsoft’s new ASP.NET Core and .NET 6 LTS versions. Yet, the latest version of .NET is coming up with performance improvements and other features. Additionally, .NET 6 lets you use a pristine version of the C# language that will help you produce a maintainable codebase.
Umbraco 10 features:
- Enhanced cross-platform support: Umbraco 10 has completely replaced SQL CE with SQLite to back the latest version of .NET because SQLite is the leading database around the globe. The best part about it is that it runs on Linus, Windows, and macOS. Its drawback is that it supports one writer at a time and is not considered an SQL server for production.
- MainDom lock: Umbraco 10 is coming up with a completely new MainDom lock because system-wide named semaphores are not backed by macOS, Linux, and Azure web apps, but Umbraco 10 will still support it. The new version of the MainDom lock can be used as a default on every platform.
- Distributed Locking: From the 8th version, Umbraco used the distributed lock, but now, Umbraco 10 will use IDistributedLockingMechanism.
- Nullable reference types: .NET 6 and Umbraco 10 enabled Nullable reference types to determine when to expect and not expect null as input parameters.
- Configuration reloads: ASP.NET Core and Umbraco 9 only support reloading configuration values instead of rebooting Umbraco, but Umbraco 10 benefitted from it in most scenarios. Still, some configurations cannot be changed without reloading and need to reboot, like URL to back office.
- Updated dependencies: All third-party dependencies are updated in Umbraco 10. The noteworthy is ImageSharp, which has been revised to version 2, making an awesome features such as WebP support.
Examine has also been modified to version 3, and it now runs on the latest versions of the fundamental Lucene. NET.
NPoco has also been upgraded to version 5, enabling the introduction of prospective patches and minimal releases in the future.
Umbraco 10 has also brought some changes to the Backoffice. AngularJS is updated from 1.8.0 to 1.8.3, and the Diff library is upgraded to 5.
You can predict a better, reliable future with Umbraco. It’s best to update your Umbraco software with the recent version. Thus, it is best to hire dedicated Umbraco developers for migration-related needs or develop new websites. After Umbraco 10, what will next? It is unpredictable, but minor bug fixes as per feedback and testing.
Leave a Reply