Tulsi is a plant in the family of Lamiaceae. It is mainly used as a culinary herb and aromatic in Indian cooking. Tulsi leaves are some of the most powerful herbal medicines available and are often used for medicinal purposes by traditional Indian physicians. Tulsi is one of the most popular aromatic herbs in India and is referred to as a ‘God Herb’ in some parts of the country. At present, it is a very popular medicinal herb mainly used for its antioxidant, antidiabetic, and antifungal properties. According to the American Herbalists Guild, there are over a hundred health benefits of tulsi capsules, including alleviating symptoms of diabetes, lowering blood pressure and cholesterol levels, reducing inflammation and triglycerides levels, improving gastrointestinal function, and reducing the risk of heart disease or stroke.
Many people know tulsi leaves as a sacred plant you will often come across in Indian cuisine.
Here we provide the top 10 health benefits of tulsi leaves.
1. Tulsi leaves have high melatonin levels, which help to promote sleep quality and length and relieve stress-related insomnia problems.
2. Tulsi leaf extract can help with anxiety and depression symptoms by acting as an antidepressant agent in the brain that targets receptors for serotonin and dopamine neurotransmitters.
3. Tulsi leaf extract is known to support liver health by helping to remove toxins from the body.
4. Tulsi medicine for cough increases the body’s natural immune system defenses and improves overall physical function as well as energy levels.
5. Tulsi has also been reported to have an antioxidant effect in the body, which helps protect cells against damage caused by free radicals and other toxins in the body.
6. Tulsi has been found to lower blood pressure levels and assist in regulating blood sugars.
7. Tulsi is well known for supporting healthy immune function thanks to its powerful antioxidant properties and it reduces the risk of health issues such as cancer, diabetes, and heart disease.
8. Tulsi helps to stimulate the lymphatic system, which means it can help give your body complete detoxification when used in conjunction with a good detoxifying diet and colon cleanse.
9. Tulsi leaf extract also supports healthy digestion by stimulating bile production.
10. Tulsi leaves have a wide range of uses and can be used in a complementary manner with other natural remedies, including those that are used to treat the skin.
Conclusion: Tulsi leaf has been used for centuries to treat various ailments such as headache, digestive disorders, respiratory problems. Its main therapeutic effects are owing to its active compound called tulsi oil or water. Tulsi leaves contain high amounts of Vitamin A and Vitamin C, along with other minerals like calcium, potassium, and iron. Tulsi is a herb that belongs to the same family as mint. It was traditionally used in Indian Ayurvedic medicine, but it has recently been gaining popularity in Western herbalism as well. The most common way people use tulsi is by making tea with its leaves or capsules.