What is Art and Design?
Human application of skill and creativity in any form or product can be defined as art. Art can be expressed and associated in varied forms – visual art, sculptures, paintings, and fine art. Fine arts include a variety of areas including different disciplines of deigns such as illustration, graphic designs, industrial design, fashion design, costumes, etc.
Also check out, India’s #1 Oversears Education Consultant for Study in UK and other International Countries.
Eligibility Requirements for an Art and Design Degree
Often times, universities do not state specific subject requirements for a course; however, some universities do require a candidate to have art related endeavours. A portfolio of artistic work can be a mandatory ask.
- A Levels: Max AAA– Min CCD
- BTECs Level 3 National Diploma : Max – DDD to Min : MPP
- International Baccalaureate Requirement : Max 38– Min 30
- IELTS Requirements: Overall 6.5, with a minimum of 6.0 in any one component.
- (GCSE) General Certificate of Secondary Education may be considered.
- Essays subjects, art and design subject with an A Level
- Some courses require a foundation diploma in the candidate’s subject of interest.
- Some courses require that the candidate acquire the knowledge to be eligible for a particular course; thus requiring the candidate to pursue a foundation year.
- Work portfolio
- Successfully completed the practical element of science taken at A Level.
- In addition to the sated, some universities may conduct an interview
- Popular Degrees to Pursue Under Art and Design in UK
- Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design
- Bachelors in History, Communication and Curation
- B.A Fine Art
- B.A. Fashion Jewellery
- Bachelors in Product and Industrial Design
Popular Masters Degrees to Pursue Under Art and Design in UK
- MSc Creative Computing
- MA Computer Games: Art & Design
- Master Of Arts in Fashion
- MA Graphic Communication Design
- MA Arts, Enterprise and Development
- PGCert/PGDip/MSc Ergonomics and Human Factors
- DPhil/MFA Fine Art
Jobs as an Art and Design Graduate in UK
- Art Therapist
- Film set designer
- Editorial assistant
- Community arts worker
- Digital marketer
- Arts administrator or officer
- Graphic designer
Earning Potential as an Art and Design Graduate in UK
- Arts and Design Graduate- £17,000–£21,000
- Arts Administration- £20,000–£30,000
- Art Therapist with NHS – £32,000 – £45,800 (5-year work experience)
- Graphic Designer – Introductory salary £15,000–£25,000 (location dependant)
- Senior Designer – Average of £37,500
- Creative Director – £60,000 and more
Best Colleges in UK for Art and Design
University of Arts London (UAL):
The University of Arts London (UAL) for the fourth consecutive year, is ranked 2nd for Art and Design in the QS World University Ranking 2022. The UAL comprises of six esteemed institutions:
- Camberwell College of Arts
- Central Saint Martins
- Chelsea College of Arts
- London College of Communication
- London College of Fashion
- Wimbledon College of Arts
- UAL Creative Computing Institute
Top courses at UAL for Art and Design
- BA (Honours) Graphic Design
- MSc International Fashion Management
- M.A Fine Art
- Masters in Strategic Fashion Marketing
- Master of Arts in Industrial Design
- Kingston University
The Kingston University ranks 601-650 in the QS Word University Ranking 2022. The university boasts of hosting 16,499 students of which 3,158 were non-EU students in 2018.
Top Courses at the Kingston University
- M.A. in Communication Design: Graphic Design
- Masters in Product & Furniture Design
- Master of Arts in Sustainable Design
- MFA Fine Art
- MA in Communication Design: Illustration
Nottingham Trent University (NTU)
The NTU has four campuses across Nottingham in England, UK.
The following campuses are located in the city centre –
- Nottingham Law School
- Nottingham Business School
- School of Architecture
- School of Art & Design
- Design and the Built Environment
- Centre of Broadcasting and Journalism and School of Social Sciences.
The NTU several centres of entrepreneurship – Global Lounge, The Hive, and Boot Library
The NTU’s Clifton Campus has –
- School of Science and Technology
- Nottingham Institute of Education
- School of Arts and Humanities
Top Courses at the Nottingham Trent University
- Filmmaking- BA (Hons)
- Fine Art- MFA
- Illustration- MA
- Photography- MA
- Music Performance- BA (Hons)
University of Brighton
The University of Brighton ranks 801-1000 in the QS Word University Ranking 2022. The university prepare its students to tackle real-life problems through its interactive curriculum. International students can avail generous scholarship awarded through the university.
- BA (Hons) 3D Design and Craft
- MA Curating Collections and Heritage
- BA (Hons) Design for Digital Media
Posted in Education.